Teachers and other staff supervising primary school examinations will be paid at the lowest rates while those in Nairobi and Mombasa cities while will paid highest, according to the payment schedule released by the Kenya National Examination Council (KNEC). The following is a full schedule:
- Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE)
- Teacher’s administering the Sh12, 500.
- Primary school head teachers Sh500 flat rate This means that each head teacher will receive Sh2, 000 for the complete and successful administration of KCPE.
The rest of the team who will participate in KCPE administration will be paid on a flat rate fee as follows:
- Supervisors will earn Sh2, 485,
- invigilators (Sh1, 615),
- security officers (1,050)
- drivers (Sh1, 040)
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE)
- Supervisors in Nairobi and Mombasa will be paid Sh695 per day for 18 days, totaling Sh12, 510.
- Supervisors from other regions will be paid Sh630 for the same number of days, totaling Sh11, 340.
- Invigilators in Nairobi and Mombasa will be paid Sh580 per day for 17 days
- invigilators from other regions will earn Sh460 for a similar number of days
- Secondary school principals will earn a flat rate of Sh500 for 18 days, totaling Sh9, 000.
- Security officers will be paid a flat rate of Sh420 for 16 days, translating to some Sh6, 720.
- Drivers will be paid a flat rate of Sh405 for 16 days totaling Sh6, 480. KNEC
KNEC said the payment rates were arrived at after extensive consultation. “After thorough consultation it was agreed that payment to supervisors, invigilators, security officers and drives be pegged on specific number of days irrespective of the number of days worked,” reads the KNEC document.